Thursday, March 20, 2008

Passing

My beautiful, smart, funny, insightful and courageous sister passed today at 2:30 in the afternoon surrounded by people who loved her beyond words. Her passing was peaceful and gentle and we are all relieved she has no more pain.









At the moment life support was removed the hospital played the music that means that a baby is born, and then they played it again - twins! None of our family had said it aloud but we had all been hoping that would happen, the circle of life continuing in such an obvious way and it would take two babies to fit the personality of our sister.

Our brother had the idea to buy a card for the family of the new babies and he composed a beautiful letter, which I edited and we all signed explaining that they did not know us but our sister/daughter was removed from life support at the moment of their daughters' birth, we had been hoping to hear the music play and that we wished them a life time of happiness with their daughters.

For those who asked in e-mail: services are as follows: visiting hours 4-8 PM Tuesday, March 25, Blake Funeral Home, Chelmsford, MA and funeral mass, St. Mary's Church, March 26th 9 AM.

4 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I've been thinking of you all week and am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is certainly a tribute to your sister that your family was able to share in the joy of birth at such a difficult and sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am sorry. I have been praying for her and your family; I am glad that things ended peacefully for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying for your family and sister since you posted your request. I am sorry for your loss but trust that you will find peace that comes with your faith.

    Linda in Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just shed a few tears while watching the PhotoShow you posted here. I'm glad your sister is no longer feeling any pain, but I know how much you're going to miss her. I'll continue to keep you and the rest of your family in my prayers. --Paul

    ReplyDelete

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet